When you’re planning and launching an online business, there is a certain sequence of steps to take to put you in the best position for success. Anybody can benefit from following this sequence, whether you’ve never launched an online business before or if you’re already a seasoned professional with geographic freedom in business and you want to run with a new idea.
1. Determine a need and then fill it.
People won’t want to use your products or services if they don’t fill a need. A lot of people who are new to the world of online business and who are just learning online marketing make the mistake of choosing a product or service first and then worrying about the market later. This won’t help you get closer to geographic freedom in business, though.
On the flip side are successful online entrepreneurs who start with their market and then design a product or service to fill a need. In order to be successful, you need to start with the market. Find a group of people who are looking for a solution to a specific problem, but who aren’t finding a lot of help. How can you conduct this research?
• Check out online forums in your industry. Find the questions that people are asking over and over. If they’re not getting answers to these questions, they have a problem they can’t resolve.
• Use Google tools to do some keyword research. What are people searching for a lot and which of those keywords don’t have a lot of competition?
• How are your competitors filling a certain demand? How can you do it better?
2. Write content and copy that will sell
If you’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it a million times: content is king. It sounds corny at this point, but it’s still true. Quality content is everything. If you’re in the process of learning online marketing but you don’t have an eye for quality content, you’re in trouble. You’ll never achieve geographic freedom in business if you don’t have strong copy behind you. In your copy, your main goal should be showing how what you have fits a need and solves a problem. Here are a few steps to take to make sure your copy is worthy of your business.
• Write a compelling headline to grab your audience’s interest.
• Describe the problem that your service or product solves.
• Showcase your expertise and credibility as the person who can solve this problem.
• Include testimonials from happy customers who have used your product or service.
• Discuss how the product or service will benefit the customer.
• Make your offer.
• Include a strong guarantee.
• Create a sense-of-urgency. For example, say that the product is in limited supply or include a call-to-action.
• Ask the consumer for the sale.
3. Create an easy-to-use, professional website
Learning online marketing is not the same as being able to build a quality website. If you truly want geographic freedom in business, you’ll need a strong website to operate from. After all, your online business is just that: online. Your website is your storefront.
The best websites are simple and user-friendly. They also adapt to any mobile device the consumer is using, like a smartphone or tablet. Remember, you have under five seconds to grab a consumer’s attention. If you don’t have it within that short timeframe, they’ll be on to the next website and odds are low that they’ll ever come back.
Click on the picture and get access to DBL, Digital Business Lounge
Follow these design rules to make a compelling, informative and professional website:
• Stick to a white background
• Use one or two fonts, tops
• Make sure that your navigation is clear and simple, and that it’s the same on every page
• Unless your audio, video or graphics somehow enhance your message, don’t use them
• Include a newsletter opt-in form so that you can start to collect e-mail addresses
• Make it easy for the customer to make a purchase. There shouldn’t be more than two clicks between the customer and the checkout screen
4. Drive traffic to your site via search engines
Even if you have the best website in the world and you’re moving along when it comes to learning online marketing, nobody will buy your products or services if they can’t find you online. Your audience has to know you exist if you want to achieve geographic freedom in business.
Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is one of the easiest ways to get traffic to a new website. While organic traffic is also great, PPC has its advantages, especially if your online business is brand new. First, your PPC ads will show up immediately on search pages. Second, you can test out certain headlines, keywords and phrases with PPC advertising. You can then look at the ad stats to figure out which keywords had the best results. With this information, you can determine which SEO you should be distributing throughout the copy on your website in order to improve organic searches.
5. Establish yourself as an expert in your field
It goes without saying that people use the Internet to find information. That’s why you wanted to setup an online business, after all. Plus, as you’re learning online marketing, you’re probably discovering just how useful having a presence online can be.
The more your online business gives free information to other websites, the higher the traffic to your own website will be. The more traffic there is to your website, the higher your search engine ranking will be and the closer you’ll be to geographic freedom in business. How do you get people to your website from other sites? Whenever you write a guest blog post for another website or post some type of copy to another site, include a link back to your site.
Here are a few ways to get traffic to your site from other sites:
• Give away free content that showcases you as an expert in your field. When people think that you’re an expert at what you do, they’re more likely to trust your online business. Articles, videos and other content that people will find useful can be given away for free. Distribute the content through article directories and on social media. This is just one way that all that learning online marketing will come in handy!
• Whenever you post great, valuable content to your website, include a link that lets a visitor share it with their friends. This will increase word-of-mouth marketing and help you on your way to geographic freedom in business.
• Figure out where your target audience hands out online. What forums are they chatting in? What social networking sites are they on? Hang out there and get in on the conversation. If you haven’t started learning online marketing yet, now is the perfect time.
6. Stay connected to customers and your audience via e-mail marketing
Your website’s opt-in list for your newsletter is one of the most valuable marketing tools you have. If you’re just now learning online marketing, start with e-mail marketing – it’s the best tool you have if your goal is geographic freedom in business. Since consumers signup for your brand’s e-mails, you know that you’re providing them with something they’ve already asked for. You’re able to develop and maintaining lifelong relationships with your customers. Plus, e-mail marketing response is highly measurable – you can track everything from opens to clicks and get reports for any number of actions. Plus, e-mail marketing is cost-effective and less expensive than print, TV and radio advertising.
7. Improve your profit through back-end sales and up-sell offers
When learning online marketing, you know that one of the most important strategies for an Internet business is to develop lifetime value from every customer. That means that the people who have bought from you once will buy from you again. To truly achieve geographic freedom in business, you’ll need to rely on your repeat customers.
How do you make sure your customers keep coming back? Offer products that are tailored to their interests, based on their past purchases. Send loyalty coupons via e-mail that encourage them to make their next purchase. Also, send them to a “Thank You” page after their purchase goes through.
Running an online business can set you up with a fantastic lifestyle. If you’re looking for geographic freedom in business and you’re not opposed to learning online marketing, an online business may be the perfect fit for you.
P.S If your interested in learning how you can get started earning money online, then I’d recommend you check out The Six Figure Mentors training platform and Digital Business System by clicking here.
Contact me if you have questions about Starting an Online Business